Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Spa at St Giles



There are many spas far and wide but sometime it's what you have on your doorstep that's a little piece of heaven..

Welcome The Spa at St Giles 


Reception Area

Okay so if you don't live in Norwich it's a little far to travel but for those of us who do 'The Spa' is a wonderful haven offering Elemis spa rituals alongside traditional beauty treatments. 

The Spa has been open for some time and has recently undergone a refurbishment transforming what was once a traditional environment to something more serene. With burning candles, soft lighting and incense burning to capture and relax all your senses. 
Elemis rituals are top of the menu here offering facials such as; Superfood pro-radiance, High performance skin energiser and body treatments including the Elemis fennel cleansing cellulite and colon therapy. With prices from £60 for an hours facial and £45 for an hours body massage these services are not out of reach. 

Retail area 

My Treatment Experience

I opted for the 'Free Style Deep Tissue Massage' and after completing my record card Danielle my therapist led me to my treatment room; low lighting, flickering candles and relaxing music set a therapeutic tone. 
The free-style massage means just that, you can choose the areas you wish to have worked on for the 1 hour appointment. I chose the traditional full body massage to cover all areas. 

The treatment started with my feet being cleansed using hot scented mitts before a dry body brush was used on my back to prepare the skin. 
After the body brushing Elemis 'Cellutox Active Body Oil' was applied and the massage covered my back, arms and neck. The massage used a combination of hands and forearms to give a deep pressure. After this section of the massage Elemis 'Instant Refreshing Gel' was then massaged into my skin leaving a cooling refreshing feeling prior to being covered in towels and blankets before other areas being worked. 
What sets this massage apart from many other massages I have had in the past is the attention to detail and care of the therapist. Each area to be worked is uncovered and the previous area wrapped in towels to prevent you feeling cold; wheat packs were applied to my eyes for added relaxation; Elemis Skin Nourishing Body Lotion was rubbed in to my feet after the leg massage for extra hydration and prevent them feeling greasy after the treatment. Danielle selected a different oil for my shoulders, Elemis 'Musclease Active Body Oil' for its muscle soothing properties and with an application of the refreshing gel over the area I was left totally revived. 

After leaving from my massage I walked away feeling totally pampered, my skin smelling amazing, muscles worked and most of all wanting to walk back in to have the treatment all over again. 


Double treatment room 


Manicure and Waxing room 


Why 'The Spa'

The therapists: highly trained and friendly

The Spa: Just walking through the glass doors will have you in a relaxed state

The Treatments: Elemis products and attention to detail tailored for you

The Price: 1 hour Elemis treatments starts from £45


Tibetan Tingsha bells used at the end of your treatment 

Did you know? 


The Spa at St Giles offers 'Massage Mondays' were you can have my massage for just £30


Follow The spa at St Giles on Twitter  for updates and special offers 





To view The Spa full treatment menu 

* Offer subject to change 



Speak soon 
Leanne x 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Charlene and Leanne,
    I have tagged you in The Beauty Tag. Please check out my following post http://thebeautyandtheblonde96.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/the-beauty-tag.html
    Thanks Zoe x

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your thoughts....comment below x

© Charlene and Leanne . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig